Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome

I've always wanted to be more prepared. I used to be in boy scouts growing up, and their motto was "Be Prepared". I remember as a kid when my family used to take annual summer camping trips we always had a specific bunch of stuff that we had packed up, and ready to go.

We had 2 plastic totes with all our kitchen stuff, at the campsite they had a bench that when we stacked the bins on top of each other and put our camp stove on top of the totes, it was the same exact height of the table, like it was meant to be.  My family hasn't gone camping in 20 years, but if we wanted to go tomorrow on a whim, we would have only to pull the stuff down from the attic, and we would be "Ready to Go".

That's just a small example, but it goes to show you that readiness can be as close to happiness.

With the way the world is today, it may not be long before we all may need to be "That Ready".
I know it sounds like a grim way of looking at things but look at it from the other perspective, of already being ready.

How would you like to be the one who is wet, hungry, cold, and worst of all panicked and afraid?

With being ready, you don't have to be.

I am trying to be ready, for me and my family. This is the process.

Currently I live in an area less than 6 miles from an aging nuclear power plant, I can see the strobe from the cooling tower on a foggy night. At work I can just look out the window to see it in the daylight.

My House is a mile and a half from the bay.

I live in a suburban area near the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey, which in the past has been closed due to huge forest fires, snow, a mild earth quake, and hurricanes, all of which happened within the last 5 years I have lived here.


Do you see where I might want to be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment