Monday, May 28, 2012

Mini Multi Tools

I have a Leatherman Wave but I find it way too bulky and heavy to carry in my pants pocket. I don't wear it on my belt because thats not fat guy friendly.

So I recently purchased a mini multi tool. It's from Swiss Tech Tools, the Mini Multitool 8-in-1.


For a Mini Multitool I think its pretty good. For starters it's only 3 ounces. Completely folded up it's shorter than a standard size lighter. It's closed dimentions are 2-7/8” x 1-1/8” x 1/2”. At it's longest (with the pliers open) it's 4-3/8" long. What sold me was one of the 8 tools which is a flashlight.

The 8 tools are according to their website are:
  1. Needle Nose Pliers
  2. Wire Cutter
  3. Can Opener
  4. Phillips Screwdriver
  5. Straight Edge Knife
  6. Serrated Knife
  7. LED Flashlight
  8. Key Ring
It seems pretty solid. The flash light being attached I find as a plus rather than a seperate flash light, it's also very bright. There are one con to this tool is that there is no flat screwdriver, but I guess you can use the knife edge or the flat tip of the serrated knife. You can buy it off their site for $9.99. It comes with a nylon belt case and batterys for the flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment